Thursday, May 28, 2020

Skullgirls 2nd Encore Steam version - Controversial addition of S****Fox

Skullgirls is one great fighting game including its 2nd Encore edition upgrade and many versions of it were released in the past years but the recent addition of S****Fox as the background character in Skullgirls has angered the fans of the game and the genre, resulting in review-bombing the Steam version as well as the forum thread that would include the lawsuit or some sort. For that person, they're more or less an E-Sports player with an unusual persona route like he represents himself as a blue-and-white anthropomorphic fox. They're part of the fandom that has things about the animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Such kinds of fictional characters already existed in the past as well as human-like characters based on the fictional monsters like those from the Pokemon franchise for instance. As an E-sports player involved in EVO events, they even overpowered other players in some tournaments. I guess that their character is one reason people frown upon or something and their addition in Skullgirls as the background character had caused some anger.
About the lawsuit someone came up with as stated in the forum thread, they even wanted Sega to be involved in suing Lab Zero Games over that character added in the game. I don't know if that is a reference to the S***c franchise which I don't give a native and faithful shit about but at least, S****Fox is a better character than that retarded and eccentric S***Chu comic franchise whose comic books and merchandises were like sold illegally without any official approval from both Sega and Nintendo. In fact, you can even come up with your own nickname/artist name that has the word S***c in it except that it has NOTHING TO DO with that S***c franchise. I've already seen some artists/DJs having that word in their professional alias. I even played some games that have that word in their game name.

Account update 

Last year, I even came up with the prototype DJ logo to represent myself professionally and of course, I can't use my current nickname as the DJ alias even though it is a reference to the name of the spaceship from Taito's Darius series so I came up with the alias based on my real name instead just like how DJs did. However, the profile header is still incomplete until I can use the proper photo of myself at the DJ event venue. I had one like that on my Facebook account but I'm still looking for a different photo even today. Furthermore, I even removed gameplay videos of S***c games I played from my YouTube channel due to the revised COPPA YouTube policies which was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY in the first place as those games are family-friendly to begin with. I shouldn't have taken such actions out of panic to my YouTube channel like that. One thing to take note is that not all games I made videos of on my channel are family-friendly. Certain games may seem inappropriate for children.

Conclusion

So, in this case, you can go in the modders' favor in which you can remove S****Fox from Skullgirls if you don't like that addition so you can play the game just like it was before the controversial additions occurred. You're in the right to be angry over this addition but a removal mod seems to be a better way than review-bombing the game itself.